Q) Why do exterior fixture bulbs burn out so often?

A) This is usually caused by several factors: Use of non-brand named bulbs. Larger wattage bulbs, which cause excessive heat build-up shorting the life of the bulb. Power Surges.

Q) Who do I call if I have problems with my telephone wiring within my house?

A) With deregulation of the utility companies in most areas of the country, the cable or telephone companies are no longer responsible for the equipment or wiring in your home. This responsibility has fallen to you and your electrical contractor. Therefore, when a problem arises, we recommend you us. Most TV and telephone utilities will still service within your home for a substantial fee. This service, as in the past, is no longer free

Q) Why does my recess can light cycle on and off after putting a larger wattage bulb in?

A) Modern Recess Cans are rated for a maximum wattage bulb and are equipped with a thermal device that does not allow a bulb larger than that rating. If a larger wattage bulb is used, as the excess heat builds up, the thermal device will shut the can off until it cools. This is a safety device to protect your home against fire.

Q) Will a surge/lightening protection device totally protect my home from lightening strikes?

A) No – not “totally.” Surge/Lightning Protection only offers additional levels of protection. Nothing can guarantee completely against Mother Nature and where she chooses to strike.

Q) Can I use the same outlet for my coffee pot and toaster oven?

A) Yes, but if the two loads exceed 20 Amps, your breaker will sense overload, do its job, and trip off. Under this condition, you must plug one of the appliances into a different kitchen outlet on a different circuit, in order to balance the load.

Q) Can I dim fluorescent lights?

A) Yes. Dimming fluorescent requires not only a special dimmer, but also special fixtures. You cannot place a typical incandescent dimmer on existing fluorescent.

Q) Can I hang a ceiling fan where a light is?

A) Flickering may indicate impending bulb failure, minor power fluctuation, and/or improperly installed bulbs. Cycling on and off is usually a clear indication of ballast and/or bulb failure. It is recommended when replacing a ballast to replace bulbs as well.

Q) How do I reset a tripped breaker?

A) First, disconnect any additional devices that may have caused the breaker to overload and trip. Breakers are mechanical devices and must be turned all the way off before turning back on. Remember this is a mechanical device, so this may require several attempts. If this fails to reset the breaker, there may be a more serious problem. Call us.

Q) Why do I blow fuses, or why does my circuit breaker trip?

A) Except in the case of ground fault interrupters, which are susceptible to moisture and/or weather conditions, fuses and circuit breakers should not trip. Check to see if some type of plugged in appliance is causing the problem. If this happens regularly, it’s time upgrade the load-bearing capacity of your service panel.

Q)How can I tell when an electrical outlet is not safe?

A)The plug falls out of the outlet without touching it, or the outlet is not secure and will move easily when touching it. When the outlet is warm or hot to the touch, you need to immediately take care of the issue by unplugging the device and calling us as this type of problem can result in a fire.

Q) Can I plug a new refrigerator in anywhere?

A) We suggest a dedicated circuit for refrigerators. They have an extensive amp draw. They should not be GFCI protected like a lot of receptacles found in kitchens and garages. A dedicated circuit will protect your freezer or fridge from being tripped and destroying anything inside.

Q)Can I change an existing switch to a dimmer switch?

A)Yes. We will match the specific dimmer to the lights in your home. There are different bulbs required for specific dimmers. Such bulbs include incandescent, CFLs and LEDs.

Q)What areas of my house should be GFCI protected?

A)GFCIs should be installed in all wet locations including unfinished basements, garages, anywhere outside the dwelling, within six feet of any sink, kitchens, bathrooms and powder rooms.

Facebook, Yelp, Angie's List --Contractor CA License #1234567 --Fully insured --phone 619-555-5555

To schedule a service visit, call 619-555-5555. We will get back to you right away. We are happy to help you with all your electrical services!"